I’m gob smacked. What were you’re aha moments?

Had a productive couple of weeks on the used gear market and today has been digital demo day (Analog arrives next week). Added a Bryston BCD-3 and original Tara Labs Prime I/C’s to my system at very good prices. 

I don’t have “golden ears” by any stretch but I’m gob smacked at the results.

The BCD-3 is replacing an Oppo UDP-205 w/ DHL BL-1 I/C’s. Rest of gear is an Anthem STR integrated and ML Monti’s. My bass has easily doubled, maybe tripled. I can feel the pressurization in my room and it’s tight not bloated. 

I think this has been the biggest jump up in SQ I’ve experienced. What were your biggest surprises/improvements regardless of budget?

lmnop
The first time I visited a high end audio store and heard what music reproduction was capable of as opposed to my dad's cheapo system at home,lol!I don't recall the brands on display.
The first time I listened to a Conrad Johnson tube amp transform the music when swapped in for a ss amp.
Aloia power amp. This amp with its the separate induction power supply is absolutely wonderful. 
My very latest addition of SET mono’s from Audio Space Reference 3 (805). What a bargain, they were a blind buy and I didn’t expect them to be so crazy good! 

I swapped out the chinese stock tubes with some NOS and Sophia’s 300B tubes....wow!!!
going back to tubed amplification from a Class D amp. I'm never going back to SS.
Latest is going all in on Furutech duplex AC outlets. Really upped the detail and clarity.