Marantz SA-10 vs SA-KI Ruby

Hi all,

wondering if anyone one can explain what makes the difference in these 2 players? (Other than balanced outputs on the SA-10). 

MSRP difference is $2k...

Do people think they should sound the same?

thanks!
leemaze
@elizabeth do you play with the dither and noise shaping selections?  How do these effect the sound?
The dither and noise shaping are very small effects. My big complaint is the menu from remote is really confusing (to me) and I am still not sure how to easily get from one to another AND change them. seems if I change it, the only way I can KEEP it is to exit. Then go back in.My problem, not the equipment.I stayed with ’1’ dither and 4 noise shaping. but I have to say I have not played with it a lot. I changed the noise shaping ONCE. In nearly six months. (Mainly due to my inability to navigate the menu easily, and yes I could set the clock on a VCR. LOL)
The remote requires a specific set of sequence commands which I have yet to master/understand to both lock in a choice and still be able to go back to the previous screen. Since I have only played with it a few times. I may never ’get’ it. (perhaps I should READ THE MANUAL?)
Hi guy's. .I just brought a sa ruby home to demo today..I did hear the sa 10 at the same audio dealer and one of the guy's who's opinion I trust told me they both sound very close in presentation.  Sa10 is just slightly better than the ruby.I currently own a rega Saturn cd player that I really enjoy but I gotta say the ruby is a big step up from the rega in sound quality. .I also like the fact I can run my streamer into the ruby and take advantage of its dac..nice peace. 
Congrats! Let us know your thoughts!

also curious if you experience the usability things i have with my unit?
leemazeNice system! I hope to score a demo with the SA-10 sometime this year.
Happy Listening!