Ortofon 2M Bronze

Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade my current Ortofon SIlver stylus to the Bronze stylus.  The Silver is made specifically for the Pro Ject Classic turntable i purchased last year.  It would be around $440.00 to purchase the entire new Bronze cartridge. Just would like to save a little cash if possible.  Thanks, Boogerhead.
boogerhead
This same subject came up in another post about the 2M black cartridge. According to the Ortofon site, the stylus for the bronze and black are interchangeable and the stylus for the blue can be swapped for the silver. Apparently the bronze and black are identical construction other than the stylus; the black stylus is a shibata tip, the bronze is not. The bronze cartridge sells for around 450; the black around 750. The black stylus only sells for around 570 so the big difference is the stylus tip, shibata being  more expensive to producce.
Not according to Ortofon site. They say the bronze and black are ok to switch but none of the lower end models. I get contrary response on the other thread about this.....guess that guy thinks he knows more than the manufacturer of the device. This is a dangerous way to live.
Yes you can change to the Bronze stylus but it may not sound right or a well as you expect.