GIK acoustic panels

Just installed some GIK bass traps in the room corners today and instantly solved the "sonic boom" that was happening around 35hz.A 2'x4' 244 panel in all four corners did the trick.Easy peasy:)I've got three 242 panels(for reflections) a 7" thick " monster trap ",and 4 2'x2' spot panels to fool around with now.The monster trap is VERY effective.I amused myself moving it around and could easily hear the changes.The front wall behind the speakers is the recommended position but it made the room sound dead, surprisingly.Another surprise was when I propped some panels in front of the two large windows in the room - no change at all.
So next up is getting them at the wall/ceiling junction and possibly on the ceiling without having a zillion nail holes to fill later.The panels all come with eyehooks and picture wire to hang them up.Good thing the room is not too big.16x17 cube unfortunately,so it needs a little help.I'll post the final results in a few days for those of you who are curious like I have been but hesitant.
128x128jtcf
Thanks slaw!I'll check with you first if I end up needing more.Still moving the panels around and experimenting....
Today I found  permanent spots for the panels on the front wall.1. Monster trap centered behind the stereo 2.The 244s straddling both corners on top of matching bookshelves so they touch the ceiling with  a 2x2 spot trap also on top of the shelves in front of of the larger traps.(each of those traps have range limiters,less highs absorbed).I tried two large  panels together on the shelves but it sounded overdamped.

So now there's seven more panels to mess with:)
I'm interested to see how the sound changes when they are next to the ceiling/wall junction as opposed to just centered on the wall.Also I'm curious about panels on the ceiling....
No worries.The new speakers have more bass energy and just needed to tame a 'thump' in my (unfortunately) square room.The thump is banished.Just experimenting with fine tuning now.

Or, maybe you guys should get the original upper corner treatment and kick back and listen to your recordings for the first time "RoomTuned" :)

It's nice to see so many coming full circle and back to the original treatment that got it all started to begin with. (Brag with a bit of fun promotion).

http://www.michaelgreenaudio.net/roomtune

So easy to tune the room with RoomTune, your speakers, your room and your ears. And, so fun to tune your room with other RoomTune folks (Tunees). I love square rooms, or any room as far as that goes. Tuning a room is one of the most exciting adventures a listener can have. In the last several years, removing other folks products and seeing RoomTune go in, or even back in, has been a blast.

Want to step it up a few notches? Make it variable.

http://www.michaelgreenaudio.net/pressure-zone-controller

Want to get any sound you want? Do a full Tunable system.

http://www.michaelgreenaudio.net/system-tuning

I'm working on the updated site now to walk any audiophile through making your systems completely Tunable. In the meantime you can visit us at TuneLand and watch your fellow Agon members get Tuned up, all the way to the Tunable Room.

So nice to have the hobby go Tunable! So nice to see folks get to their dream sound!

Michael Green