Get your First Watt SIT-3 now?

I am just saying this because I found it very interesting.  I just purchased (ordered) a new First Watt SIT-3.  I was hoping to save to upgrade my speakers but love my F7 and read so many great reviews on the SIT-3 that I thought, 'with only 250 being made, maybe I should pull the trigger'.
Well, looks like the right choice.  I trust my dealer, he has always been fair and truthful.  Anyway, he said when he contacted Pass, he was told I got the last one they are producing.  I had already paid for the Amp.  I heard they were making 250 only anyway, but mine is reportedly number 107.  What about the other 143?  Is it numbered in an odd way?  none of that matters.  
I only write this because if it is true and you are seriously looking at getting one, I would jump on it before it is no longer possible.
dseltz
A friend of mine, using First Watt schematics, built one of their SIT amps and it is a very good solid state amp.  That amp, and others I've heard from First Watt, are so much better than most other solid state amps if you have the right kind of speakers (I do, and my friend runs 105 db/w speakers).  

Take good care of that amp because I don't think that replacement transistors will be easy to come by now and in the future.
There is a kit version. Sort of.

the kit version is very nice as they can use the tokin transistors from japan.

Those transistors are actual V-fets, from the last batches of high current RF use design criteria.

Tokin used the original process for making V-fets, IIRC. Japanese made and in the last run of Japanese V-Fets.

I’d have to check, but I suspect the Tokin transistors have a better spec than the First Watt SIT transistors. As in higher frequency capacity, greater current capacity and possibly more linear. Or at least individually tested and quality spec’ed, sorted and QT’d for release to the public (like all high end expensive transistors).

To clarify, the SIT transistor that Nelson had made up, came from an offer to do so, from Semi-south, a smaller transistor manufacturer. Nelson had the proto batch made up, and then Semi-south was bought up by another manufacturer. The end...( of that ride). The Tokin, is another matter. It came from a decades long run of making the best in V-fets for extremely demanding applications of extreme voltage swing and extreme current loading (think radar power amplifier). That run had a chance to be perfected over decades of iteration.

Thus, a Tokin version, might be capable of having a higher voltage and higher current rail, for a notably higher wattage and impedance handling range than the SIT-3.

The operative word being ’might’.

Importantly, the (very) few who’ve had the chance to make the comparison say the Tokin version outperforms (according to them) the SIT-3.

Last chance.....
@teo_audio

I am not a DIY.   You'd think I could as I can rewire a house from weather head to outlet, but I have never worked with transistors.  A question becomes - could you switch out the Semi-south SITs to the Tokin SITs on a SIT-3 itself?  Or are there other parts that would need to be changed.

I read about people upgrading their caps, etc and have no idea how or how to know what an upgraded capacitor vs original is.  All stuff I could track down.  Perhaps when my life is less hectic.  
V-FETs are finicky! The amp could be changed over but there would be more than just replacing the output transistors.

Even the old V-FETs are hard to find. BTW the kit that was offered makes about 25 watts. IMO the V-FET was the solid state solution to end the tubes/transistors debate, but Sony never saw fit to also offer driver and small signal devices, so the technology didn't go anywhere, like many of Sony's ideas...  But that kit amp is one of the very best solid state amps I've heard.
I have one coming to me, serial number 3937 ordered this week. Not sure how that relates to your number 107.