The Science of Cables

It seems to me that there is too little scientific, objective evidence for why cables sound the way they do. When I see discussions on cables, physical attributes are discussed; things like shielding, gauge, material, geometry, etc. and rarely are things like resistance, impedance, inductance, capacitance, etc. Why is this? Why aren’t cables discussed in terms of physical measurements very often?

Seems to me like that would increase the customer base. I know several “objectivist” that won’t accept any of your claims unless you have measurements and blind tests. If there were measurements that correlated to what you hear, I think more people would be interested in cables. 

I know cables are often system dependent but there are still many generalizations that can be made.
128x128mkgus
Post removed 
Thanks @taras22  and  @teo_audio for your contributions to this fascinating subject.
I think your general premise is flawed. If millions upon millions can be easily taken in by fad diet claims that make billions of dollars from a concept that’s easily solved by the age-old knowledge of eat less and/or exercise more, what makes you think any other subject is any different?
Good info in many directions. When I developed the Proclaim Audioworks Dmt-100 I contacted many speaker cable manufacturers to get samples to try. I had a unique problem though, crosstalk between bass, midrange,  and high. I put the crossover external to take the caps and coils out of the tubulance happening inside the speaker enclosure, thus calling the components to sing. What I found for the best cable in numerous hours of experimenting, Teflon coated, plenum cat 5e solid conductor, 5 of them braided. 2 for the woofer, 2 for the mid and one for the tweet.  It jumped out! In all aspects of the listening criteria. So experimenting and the technical are both needed in my opinion:)