Does my amp have enough juice to power my speakers?

Having just read a review in Stereophile of my Audio Physic Step Plus speakers (which I have to my utter dismay ,knocked over and dinged AAAgh!), the author states that his Shindo Haut-Briton Power amp (20wpc) couldn't drive the Step Plusses and states that nothing less than 35Wpc could drive them.  My dilemma is that I have a Line Magnetic 216 IA rated at 22Wpc that sometimes sounds heavenly and on other days sounds eeh.  Do I need an amp with more boost?  

udog
Kind of depends how loud you listen. John Atkinson’s measurements show min impedance of your speakers is 6ohm, which is good, though 84db sensitivity might suggest they want some power. Do you have anything to compare your amp with?
As much power as you can afford.
The more the better, typical crescendos require 500W for full effect.

I have been there, there is absolutely no replacement for power.

I think the more interesting thing is that you feel your amp sounds better some days than others. What are you using for power conditioning?

For easy to drive speakers, say high sensitivity 90? and 8 ohm or higher one can use even a flea watt amp for great success. A great many horn loud speakers (Klipsch and Volti Audio) sound terrific with low watt amps. I have that EXACT amp (LM audio 216ia) and driving Vandersteen 2 CE Sig II speakers at moderate volumes and it sounds great to me. I think in your case, an amp with quality watts (more than you have), would most likely make your speakers sound better, but only if you play them loud. I would think your amp is just fine for those speakers...but only you can be the judge. Do you have a quality source, good room acoustics and damping?