Cary SLP 03

I noticed that this pre had a price drop by about 1k. I've found two rather luke warm reviews, so I want to get some feedback from actual owners on its performance. How does it compare to other pre's in its price range, like the Rogue gear, for example.

Does it responde well to tube rolling, and in your opinion, is it a much better value at its current price retail price of $1995.
hawk28
How does the SLP 98 and 98F1 fit into this discussion? How does it compare to the 03 and 05?
Cary SLP-03 pre-amp is a wonderful pre-amp and sounds very musical! That is the word you need to know, very musical. Differences between tubes can be easily heard through the SLP 03 because it is sensitive enough to reveal that difference; that is a big plus! It is well designed and constructed with a serious power supply. The unit weighs 25 Lbs. For me it replaced an ARC 25 MKII (5500 dollars) and is more musical sounding than the ARC. The ARC weighs a lot less. The Cary needs a good platform along with good footers. Hook up the very best cables that you can afford, Power Cable & Interconnects. It is a balanced component, so to get the very best out of it, it should be used with a balanced amplifier! Synergy is a must in audio !!!!  One more tweak is required; it needs a VPI Brick on top where the transformers are! Happy listening. With good speakers and some tube rolling, you should be in heaven.