Am I deaf?

Hello all,
Just got a Chord Qutest to use as an outboard dac with my Oppo BD 105. Connected the Chord to the Oppo coax out with an Audioquest Carbon coax cable. $2100 for the Qutest including the cable! I'm not hearing it. I think the Oppo dac may sound a bit better than the Chord. Tried all the filters. Am I nuts?
Ben
honashagen
I just looked at the Qutest.

On the low end, check out the Topping DX3. I'm listing to it now on my PC. Otherwise, Mytek Brooklyn is probably going to be a lot more DAC for the money.
Really?
Hmm,
My Brooklyn stomped my bdp 103 and then kicked sand in its face to add insult.

Seriously it was not even a contest.
Wonder where the difference is in your rig?
I was using a Nordost Heimdall spdif bnc cable.
@honashagen,On avsforum there is a person who claims that he prefers his Oppo UDP-205 over his Esoteric K-01. Everyone hears differently. That does not mean that person is deaf. Maybe a cable change or break-in is needed in your system. Maybe it does not "suit" your system very well.The person who recently purchased my $1.6k TVC emailed me couple of days back, how it beat the Bespoke TVC ($12k starting price). So your finding does not come a surprise. All that matters is what you prefer.
Why would you spend $2100 USD on equipment that sounds worse than the equipment you already own, use, and prefer in actual operation that does not make sense!