I’m gob smacked. What were you’re aha moments?

Had a productive couple of weeks on the used gear market and today has been digital demo day (Analog arrives next week). Added a Bryston BCD-3 and original Tara Labs Prime I/C’s to my system at very good prices. 

I don’t have “golden ears” by any stretch but I’m gob smacked at the results.

The BCD-3 is replacing an Oppo UDP-205 w/ DHL BL-1 I/C’s. Rest of gear is an Anthem STR integrated and ML Monti’s. My bass has easily doubled, maybe tripled. I can feel the pressurization in my room and it’s tight not bloated. 

I think this has been the biggest jump up in SQ I’ve experienced. What were your biggest surprises/improvements regardless of budget?

lmnop

mg16
"
Infinity QA speakers with emit ribbon tweeters."

You are confused, disoriented, and distracted or ignorant, misinformed, and incompetent because the EMIT transducer as designed, manufactured, and applied by Infinity Systems is not a ribbon transducer by any standard, definition, or reference.
First musical gobsmacked moment was hearing Pink Floyd live.  WOW! I'd no idea music could sound like that.  

Second we hearing a true audiophile system at a shop in Apeldoorn.  They had a Musical Fidelity separates with something from B&W. They had to kick me out of the shop cause I wouldn't stop listening.

Just switched from Tidal to Qobuz and set up Roon - I've been in an constant state of gobsmacked-ness over all of it.  Like a kid in a candy shop.  :)

I'm also gobsmacked that autocorrect is correcting this correctly :)

First time I heard ATC in 1994. I thought the demo pair I heard must be a one off freak or unicorn of exceptional performance (never having heard a speaker sound so realistic before) - so I immediately bought the demo pair from the store owner and stuck them in the car. Since then I discovered that all ATC and especially larger active models share the same magic.
geoffkait  I meant that the Walker Talisman which is a demagnitizer is easier to use than a bulk tape demagnitizer that millercarbon suggested.  You know that I know the difference but didn't spell it our precisely.   
Post removed