What is your experience with the law of diminishing returns ?

As subjective as it might be. Personally, I have not encountered it yet.
inna
So you are saying every time you spent more on something and did a comparison , the more expensive item sounded better ? One in a million odds of that happening . 
Law of diminishing what? I know I'm aging but what in the hell is the OP on about? *laffs
For those of us on a budget - is the new thing REALLY five times better than what I have now?
Who you writin' at? me?    Writin: "  So you are saying every time you spent more on something and did a comparison , the more expensive item sounded better ? "                            
Who wrote that you did, not me.  If your bias wants to read that into the lines... not my problem. But I CAN mention an example of the opposite which happened to me. Around 2010 I bought the all new Brsyton DAC. Raved in TAS AND Stereophile. How can I go wrong?? Got it home and sound is no better than the old bought used for $250 Adcom DA700. Something MUST be wrong with my system!!! So after weeks of trying to discover.. well the Bryston was just no damn better. So I returned it.Now if I was a true believer, I would have automatically known the Bryston IS beter, because TAS and Stereophile said so. and it cost TEN TIMES what my old DAC cost. Didn't happen.
Elizabeth . It is in response to the ops question . I can only think he has tried a few pieces to have that experience .