The Science of Cables

It seems to me that there is too little scientific, objective evidence for why cables sound the way they do. When I see discussions on cables, physical attributes are discussed; things like shielding, gauge, material, geometry, etc. and rarely are things like resistance, impedance, inductance, capacitance, etc. Why is this? Why aren’t cables discussed in terms of physical measurements very often?

Seems to me like that would increase the customer base. I know several “objectivist” that won’t accept any of your claims unless you have measurements and blind tests. If there were measurements that correlated to what you hear, I think more people would be interested in cables. 

I know cables are often system dependent but there are still many generalizations that can be made.
128x128mkgus
Post removed 
These arguments are so exhausting as people seem to have made up their minds already. Some of us actually listened first and then when confronted with the real experience of different sounding cables began to dig into the science in order to better understand the phenomena and possibly to predict performance. Here is one source of information regarding Litz cable; what I find is generally superior sounding. It accounts for the properties of the electromagnetic fields that interact between ac conductors and you can see the calculable factors you never imagined that all matter in ac cable design. https://www.elektrisola.com/hf-litz-wire-litz/products/terminology-basics/technical-basics-and-calcu...
I have read some articles that said high end speaker cables are like smoke and mirrors.  Wouldn't you get much better results by using the extra $5,000 on something like a better amplifier or better pair of speakers.  If you were thinking about using $5,000 for speaker wire or using that money for better speakers I wonder what people would do.  Unfortunately, I have never heard a retailer demo speaker cable.
How much are dealers gonna make by demoing cables or room treatment or tweaks? Hel-loo! Besides, folks these days would rather hear the “pure unadulterated sound” of whatever expensive speaker or amps they’re thinking of buying. 😛
@taras22 
selling zen as engineering offends, as do split infinitives.

"to boldly"
 boldly what?