The Science of Cables

It seems to me that there is too little scientific, objective evidence for why cables sound the way they do. When I see discussions on cables, physical attributes are discussed; things like shielding, gauge, material, geometry, etc. and rarely are things like resistance, impedance, inductance, capacitance, etc. Why is this? Why aren’t cables discussed in terms of physical measurements very often?

Seems to me like that would increase the customer base. I know several “objectivist” that won’t accept any of your claims unless you have measurements and blind tests. If there were measurements that correlated to what you hear, I think more people would be interested in cables. 

I know cables are often system dependent but there are still many generalizations that can be made.
128x128mkgus
@prof 

Sound a bit familiar?

Yeah in fact something about the thrust of that post does sound familiar, it sounds like a fundamentalist who is backstopping his dogmatic beliefs with a scientific version of truthiness. 

And speaking of the absolute awesomeness of science here is something about one of the greatest scientists of all time....

I was reading many articles about estimates of the age of the Earth throughout the ages. I was dumbfounded when I read that Newton, arguably one of the greatest scientists ever to have ‘calculated’ the age of the earth, estimated that the Earth was created in 4000 BCE. Johannes Kepler arrived at a similar result
And then there was the comment from a physicist just before "Newtonian" physics got smashed by the quantum tsunami ( the following roughly paraphrased)...

....all we need is just a few more decimal places of precision and we'll have the whole thing figured out....

Yup, yup yup science is a real bedrock eh....actually it isn't, its just a tool to explore with, and fairly imprecise at that (  and some playing with the idea of chaos theory may help understand why that matters ) ....to believe otherwise displays a misunderstanding of science.
ieales287 posts02-18-2019 11:13am
It's bingo day at the seniors center.
Sadly, there's more intelligence there than here or the freshman class at almost any college in America.

The 'spiritualists' here remind of the BBE Sonic Maximizer from the early 80's. On poorly engineered program, it could be 'interesting'. On well recorded and mixed material with good sound stage presentation, it was a nauseating buck of mush.

>>>>>Oh, sure, anyone can look around and find some absurd example like yours. Doesn’t  mean anything. 
I cannot see the tweeks of AC, and cables as being band-aids.
That's all they are. ALL interact with source and destination. NONE are 100% neutral.

chaos theory
Don't make me laugh. The initial condition is OFF. The next condition is IDLE. IDLE changes with age, voltage, temperature, pressure and humidity for some transducers. There is no way some high resistance, poor charge density goop is going to ameliorate anything. More than likely, it is undergoing constant change ala the BBE Sonic Maximizer.
@taras22   Say what you want - I’ll stick with real science, engineering and craftsmanship and the next flight I take, I’ll feel secure knowing that the airliner I’m on was designed and built by real scientists, engineers and trained and skilled craftsmen, using proven science and engineering.
In fact, it was sound science that proved the world was not flat, not the true believers who condemned anyone who challenged their misguided beliefs....Jim

@geoffkait Gee Thanks - good having you on my side ;-) ;-) ;-) ............Jim