Beware of the cable claiming long burn in period.

Almost all the audio equipment including speaker need burn in time.

But I had bad experience with one digital cable recently.

Some people blew the horn on it and claimed burn in time more than 100 hours.

Out of box it had lot of details but etched.

After 8 weeks (around 200 hours) it got little bit better but its overall performance is not better than other digital cable that I have had.

Now it is too late to return it.

Beware of any cable claiming more than 50 hours of burn in time.

The chance is high that you will waste your time and money.
128x128shkong78
@ shkong78

Flip the cable end for end and listen if it make a difference. What are you out, other than a little bit of your time.

Quote from article:

[" After measuring the first two products (the PS Lambda and the Panasonic SV-3700), I went back and repeated my measurements to make sure the analyzer was giving consistent results, and that my test setup was correct. When I remeasured the SV-3700, I got about half the jitter than when I first measured it!

What caused this reduction in measured jitter?

Changing the direction of the digital interconnect between the transport and the jitter analyzer.

This phenomenon was easily repeatable: put the cable in one direction and read the RMS jitter voltage, then reverse the cable direction and watch the RMS jitter voltage drop. Although I’d heard differences in digital-cable directionality, I was surprised the difference in jitter was so easily measurable—and that the jitter difference was nearly double.

To confirm this phenomenon, I repeated the test five times each on three different digital interconnects. One was a generic audio cable, the other two were Mod Squad Wonder Link and Aural Symphonics Digital Standard, both highly regarded cables specifically designed for digital transmission. The generic cable wasn’t directional: it produced the same high jitter in either direction. But both the Wonder Link and the Aural Symphonics had lower jitter levels overall, but different jitter levels depending on their direction. Moreover, the generic cable had higher jitter than either of the two premium cables—even in the latters’ "high-jitter" direction."]

End of quote.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/transport-delight-cd-transport-jitter-page-4#OWq65osrZl7FLAUR.99

I’m not a robot
I disagree 100% with the poster. I had the exact cable he is complaining about. Its not a warm / fuzzy cable nor its it lean and etched like other cables that I have heard. It took over 300 hours to really sound great. Like with any component some of them take few hours and some take well over 400 hrs to settle.
At first the cable did present a little bit of hardness on top and even remember writing to Wig about this (who also owned the cable). Eventually that hardness on top subsided. I have tinnitus so a component has to have a smooth top end and natural midrange sound and that is exactly what Black Cat are all about. I liked the cable so much I traded in the cable and bought the top of the line cable. But at the end of the day, go with what makes you happy, synergy is key to having a great system.
aniwolfe,

"It took over 300 hours to really sound great."

What do you think is happening within the cable over those 300 hours that would alter the sound?
@ aniwolfe

Choice of cable is dependent on system and personal taste.

But I can not recommend Blackcat  digital cable to anybody after 200 hours of use.

As the last comparison, I had been switching back and forth between Zenwave D4 (500$) digital cable and Siverstar MkII for 4 hours this morning.

Zenwave is one and half notch above Siverstar MkII in better focus and natural details and presentation.

I am not willing to spend more of my time on so- so cable anymore.