Am I deaf?

Hello all,
Just got a Chord Qutest to use as an outboard dac with my Oppo BD 105. Connected the Chord to the Oppo coax out with an Audioquest Carbon coax cable. $2100 for the Qutest including the cable! I'm not hearing it. I think the Oppo dac may sound a bit better than the Chord. Tried all the filters. Am I nuts?
Ben
honashagen
Have they had a chance to listen to your system, before and after the changes?
First, let’s point out a previous reply - Mojo/2Qute/Hugo are different generation/architecture products vs Qutest and Hugo 2. The Qutest and Hugo 2 have the same DAC architecture so they will not sound different or will sound extremely close to one another.

I’m always go in as a skeptic trying out new equipment (cause I hate spending money when I don’t have to) but after recent A-B’ing the Hugo 2, Mojo, Schiit Yggy A2 and Schiit Gumby on 3 different speakers and multiple headphone systems between me and my buddy, we found clear differences. Each had certain qualities that once you found it became obvious. Warmer and fuller, faster and quicker, better separation, smoother, more resolution. Some of these things come out more (or less) with the music your listening to and the system your jamming to. But what I also think makes one "better" is what you individually like about your music and how you have your system set up.

Sources were either NAD or Mac Mini but neither made a difference. Tidal Master, Qobuz Hi-Res, CD quality ALAC. Pre-amp was Emotiva XSP-1 for all speakers. Speakers tested; Klipsch Cornwall 3, Klipsch RF-7 II, and Focal 1008 Be. Headphones included Focal Utopia, Beyer T1, HiFiMan HEX, and a few others.
Well it must be me. Maybe my ears haven't been trained properly. I had a recording studio years ago and I think you listen for different things. I can hear fast, warm, bright, etc. Pace and rythem and some other terms reviewers use not so much. 
I tried again last night but the Oppo still had an inner warmth I like.