Beware of the cable claiming long burn in period.

Almost all the audio equipment including speaker need burn in time.

But I had bad experience with one digital cable recently.

Some people blew the horn on it and claimed burn in time more than 100 hours.

Out of box it had lot of details but etched.

After 8 weeks (around 200 hours) it got little bit better but its overall performance is not better than other digital cable that I have had.

Now it is too late to return it.

Beware of any cable claiming more than 50 hours of burn in time.

The chance is high that you will waste your time and money.
128x128shkong78
Often enough the better the cables and power cords the longer burn-in time is needed for them to reach their full potential.
Some people just get it very wrong or are simply BSing around for the lack of anything better to do.
It is true Teflon in particular needs a longer burn in time that other insulation materials. There may be some other materials which also need exceptionally long periods..  
Another problem may be the strength of the signal... A phono cartridge is a tiny signal. and could take near forever to break in a cable! (One place to make sure you have a cable which sounds good right out of the box IMO)
@ twoleftears

I agree with your opinion that cable manufacturer shall send their product fully burnt in or at least give option at extra cost.

If manufacturers stand behind their claims that their cables sound better after significant burn-in, then they should, as standard practice, offer those products fully burnt-in, not as some optional, add-on, and always more costly extra. Who else brings a product to market that's only 90% there? (On second thoughts, don't answer that...)
shkong78
Who else brings a product to market that's only 90% there? (On second thoughts, don't answer that...) 

>>>>Just a opinion but it’s not 90% of the way there. It’s more like 50% of the way there, assuming you do it right when you burn it in.
@ aniwolfe

To be fair to Blackcat Silverstar Mk2, it is pretty fine for the price(260$).

But it sound somewhat thin and not refined in the treble out of box.

I hope that those weakness shall improve with full burn in but it did not meet my high expectation.

Nice thing of the cable is wide and deep soundstage , enough details and good extension from bottom to treble.

If I had found the cable to be very bad, I would have stopped using it after one week.

But I had given 8 weeks ( more than 200 hours to the cable.

After giving enough time, I still favor other digital cables.

Choice of cable is dependent on system and personal taste.

There is no best cable for everybody.

But I will go with Zenwave D4 which is also slightly better than Silnote Morpheus II digital cables in refinement and bass fullness.

I hope that cable companies sell their products fully burnt in.