We are buying and reviewing gear all wrong

So let's assume that cables, power conditioners and electronics all contribute noticeably to the sounds we hear.

In that case, maybe the idea of buying individual gear, reviewing individual gear, etc. is all messed up.
We should review entire systems, and buy entire systems.

This idea that we constantly shuffle interconnects, speaker and power cords for all our lives is messed up.

We shouldn't be looking at audio stores or reviewers as recommending gear, but themes. Styles. Entire collections all at once.
erik_squires
@bdp24 

02-19-2019 7:40am - "Assembling good systems is what being a hi-fi retailer is all about. At least it used to be." bingo!
The problem with finding a good Hi Fi retailer is differentiating the folks selling something to get rid of it, vs the ones who can really help the customer.
My best example if last year. I bought new speakers from a local dealer I have known a long time. Naturally my thoughts went to new amplifiers. He said no, you do not need a new amp. And only because I knew him a long time, I believed him. A few months later he suggested I take home to audition a SACD player. So four days to play with it. Yup I wanted one. So he really guided me to better choices. Sadly if it would have been a dealer I did not know, I would never have trusted them enough to believe anything they said.  
So for a stranger to go into a shop and trust someone to just pick from scratch a whole system??? Can I sell you a bridge in New York?
I owned a all MBL System and was incredibly good ,when I owned a Audio store . I could never afford to pay even close to retail 
as a regular consumer . There are very few companies who 
make Loudspeakers as well as electronics and cables . If you have the bucks go for it all in one shot, otherwise you just save and upgrade as you can afford it.
Home theater stores are closer to offering "package" audio systems, and many new-home buyers are excited about having every room wired with wall or ceiling speakers.  If that's not enough, you could also hire a life coach and an interior decorator.  Why make all the hard decisions?