Beware of the cable claiming long burn in period.

Almost all the audio equipment including speaker need burn in time.

But I had bad experience with one digital cable recently.

Some people blew the horn on it and claimed burn in time more than 100 hours.

Out of box it had lot of details but etched.

After 8 weeks (around 200 hours) it got little bit better but its overall performance is not better than other digital cable that I have had.

Now it is too late to return it.

Beware of any cable claiming more than 50 hours of burn in time.

The chance is high that you will waste your time and money.
128x128shkong78
No, what was unbelievable I thought, was someone who has been through these burn in discussions many times, asking “what’s causing the long burn in times?” since, you know, it’s all been covered ad nauseam. Yeah, I know what you’re thinking, “what’s been covered ad nauseam?” 😛

Hi shkong78

Cables or any other part in the audio chain never stop burning in. That's just the nature of the 4 fundamental forces. That's why they're called interactions.

Michael Green

This just reminds me of the Morrow thread from a little while ago.

When the return period is shorter than the break-in period, you know there's a problem.

That was my thread. I tried to return a $600 (my cost, not Mike Morrow's fake cost) set of IC's that were in pristine condition 4 days late and Mike Morrow told me to F myself. That was after spending a lot of money on phono cables that I found satisfactory. Then when I went to sell my pristine but crappy IC's with some spoofing in my ad copy about Mike Morrow's film-flam advertising, I am 99% certain he hired a shill to buy the cables in order to put an end to my ad that made fun of him.  I was a fool for buying and a fool for selling. I've since graduated to far better phono cables (German-made Firewire) so maybe I will list the phono cables with the same spoof for $1000 to make it more expensive for MM to silence me from telling the truth. 
Post removed 
elizabeth,

It's not true that no one's mind is ever changed in discussions like these, including audiophile controversies like cables, tweaks, burn in etc.   There are plenty of audiophiles who have switched from whole-hearted belief in all sorts of subjective audiophile ideas, to skepticism.  And of course you will also hear testimonials like "I was skeptical...until I was influenced by reading people's reports on line to try and now I'm a believer."

Personally, my own beliefs have evolved over time, both through personal experience and very much by looking at the case made by people taking different sides of a debate.

Not everyone is as dogmatic as you seem to believe.

The ironic thing is that it's usually those quickest to yell DOGMATIST who don't recognize their own dogmatism.   It often goes like this:

Skeptic:  "All of us, me, you, are human beings prone to various types of errors in how we interpret our subjective experience.   This isn't simply a claim by fiat; it's based on tons of evidence from everyday life to all the biases documented scientifically.   So I could be wrong - in fact I've proven myself to be wrong in some cases using tests to uncover my bias.  Because every human suffers bias, it's reasonable for you to admit you could be wrong as well.  It makes sense therefore to take in to account we could be wrong and ask what methods will help us more reliably tell when we are in error."

Believing Audiophile:   "Speak for yourself!  My subjectivity and senses are reliable, so I know I'm not wrong about what I KNOW I HEAR!  And stop being so DOGMATIC!"