Opinions about upgrade

Hello all, 

This is my first message, im very happy to be here. 

I want to upgrade my proac d18 speakers. I like them, but i wanna a better speaker. My amp is hegel h160. I have some speakers in my mind like Spendor d7, Graham ls5/9 and harbeth super hl5+. I have not auditioned them so far. I want to hear your opinions about this upgrade. Thanks in advance. 

spitzer45
Spitzer45
I was referring only to the active ATCs, not the passive.  The 85db becomes moot.
spitzer45,

Just to be clear, celtic66 is suggesting self-amplified ATC speakers and using your Hegel as a preamp/volume control only by connecting the ATC speakers to the Hegel's Variable L+R outputs via XLR or RCA cables, not speaker wires.

Tim 
Proac D30RS is in completely different league than your D18 this my current speakers and I guess it's my last speakers I ever buy. They have the wormth, depth and sofistication that the D18 & D20 don’t .Take into consideration initially the D30 sounds awfull and only after long burn-in period they really shine .
My hegel h160 line outputs have only rca connections, but atc scm 40a has xlr connections. How can i connect these, An adapter is a must? If so, is it a bad type connection? 
spitzer45,

The solution is either cables with an xlr on one end and an rca on the other or a male rca to female xlr connector adapter and a regular xlr cable from that to the 40a.

Tim