I’m gob smacked. What were you’re aha moments?

Had a productive couple of weeks on the used gear market and today has been digital demo day (Analog arrives next week). Added a Bryston BCD-3 and original Tara Labs Prime I/C’s to my system at very good prices. 

I don’t have “golden ears” by any stretch but I’m gob smacked at the results.

The BCD-3 is replacing an Oppo UDP-205 w/ DHL BL-1 I/C’s. Rest of gear is an Anthem STR integrated and ML Monti’s. My bass has easily doubled, maybe tripled. I can feel the pressurization in my room and it’s tight not bloated. 

I think this has been the biggest jump up in SQ I’ve experienced. What were your biggest surprises/improvements regardless of budget?

lmnop
1) My first pair of Stax headphones, er I mean earspeakers.
2) when I moved my system from a small crowded family room to a spacious basement. My wife misses me.
@tjj99
"Spending my university scholarship money in 1970 on an all-AR system: turntable, integrated amp and AR-3A’s "

Ha! I did that, too in 1972. But it was a much more modest system.
And as usual, clearthink chimes in with absolutely nothing to add but insults.....
Hearing Joule 160's in my system I was moved emotionally to teary eyed from the beauty of the sound, I couldn't stop for 8 hrs + !
Most of the times, except for drastic and very costly changes, few changes or upgrading of gear in my experience rivals the astounding results I had obtain by cleaning the audio grid and the electrical grid of my house with my own cabled batteries connected stones grid......By the way most people, some professionnals included, underestimated totally the higher noise level that percolate in their audio system unbeknownst to them … That is my own important discovery pertaining to audio and gobsmack moment ...