Vinyl***What If***

Hypothetical here:
My new incoming Cayin integrated has a built in MM stage..IF I convinced myself I wanted to try vinyl & knowing absolutely nothing about set up,care etc..& do NOT like to constantly fiddle recommend me a complete,bare minimum setup...
Speakers are Harbeth M30.1 & cables are Nordost Lief Series Red Dawn...Thanks much..
freediver
Freediver, please go buy a U-Turn or Project or Rega all in one and ignore the people who try to scare you off. I have an 1974 AR-XB with a Grace 707 and Ortofon OM1 and 1983 Linn LP12 with a Basik LVX and LPGear AT95SA that both sound great to this day.(I know, declassé) The guys on forums who don’t encourage experimentation at ALL levels are so beyond enjoying music, it seems, that they forget their first rig and joy it brought them. I still listen to records that I have had since 1970, some of them bought used then. Everybody go turn up your system and Enjoy the Music!

The AR-XB resides with a KnightKit 40W tube amp built by my Dad in 1960, refurbed 7-8 years ago, and Smaller Advent Loudspeakers, from my all USA days. The LP12 lives with a vintage all-Linn system, Akurate Kontrol, AV5125, Aktiv Keilidhs. I enjoy both systems, as well as a Linn Classic + Kans mini-rig. 

If you want a basically turn key no muss no fuss vinyl starter system, I suggest U Turn Audio, which is what I did. You can configure the turntable on the web. I suggest having a separate phono preamp and not one built in. So you can order either the U Turn phono pre with your turntable or the Schiit Mani. I recommend the latter. More flexible with MC carts later when you want to upgrade and will resale easier than the Pluto. Order the Orbit turntable with the Ortofon 2M Blue. A nice cartridge. If they have a better one and you want it, go for it. U Turn will mount it and configure it. When the turntable arrives, you can take it out of the box, hook it up and start playing records. You can also order AQ phono cables from U Turn. I can’t imagine anything easier to get into vinyl. I enjoyed my system and have since advanced into other equipment. Good luck. 
 Agree with Williewonka as well, and I love my vinyl collection and have five turntables. IMHO, the money is better spent on upgrading your digital front end, or spending the funds on software.

I’m all for experimenting, but experimenting with new styles of music or new musical artists. When experimenting with audio gear I look at the likelihood of an outcome that will take me closer to the music and further from worrying about the gear. I don’t see that in this case. YMMV, and I hope that, if you do go down that road, you become a total vinyl convert.
Seriously do like one other mention buy an entry level Project or Rega and have some fun!

We need more people into vinyl.

Also don’t think you cannot have some good fun with that set up, as you defiantly can. some good points from the rest but I think there is lots of fun to be had at the entry level and you will know if you want more or not.

Another option is to see if you have a vintage audio shop locally, that can be a great way to start as well. There are some very good tables from the 70’s 80’s for well under your budget.

I have a vintage audio shop where I am that even has a good used record section. If you have something similar it could be an easy one stop shopping spree.

With either of the above you wont lose much reselling if you don’t like vinyl. But don’t let the other scare you away too fast ;-). You may have some good fun with it and then you can go from there with better rigs.

There is something about the whole ritual of finding a record cleaning it playing each side through that’s somewhat more satisfying then skipping through tracks with a push button or finger swipe. You put a record side on and tend to listen through the whole side discovering tracks you never knew about. You tend to listen in a more involving way, then with tidal for example. You don’t tend to skip parts of a song or the last 20 second to get to the next like you may do with digital (mostly I find I do that sort of stuff when streaming).

People always talk about the sound but very rarely do they talk about the whole experience. Taken as whole vinyl can be a more involving way to listen.

In my humble experience of course. Ok Ok I’ve been a vinyl user since 1975 so that may influence my opinion.