Vinyl***What If***

Hypothetical here:
My new incoming Cayin integrated has a built in MM stage..IF I convinced myself I wanted to try vinyl & knowing absolutely nothing about set up,care etc..& do NOT like to constantly fiddle recommend me a complete,bare minimum setup...
Speakers are Harbeth M30.1 & cables are Nordost Lief Series Red Dawn...Thanks much..
freediver
@inna  Agreed. Nothing wrong with anyone wanting to be or being deep into vinyl and all that entails.

I just think it is important to understand that the hi-fi hobby in general verges on the ludicrous and that serious vinyl is at the tip top of that wacko pyramid. 

Vinyl or not, what we all do here is a little nuts. Some of us are a little more nuts than others. And the thing that makes us look even more nuts is trying to defend it.

All of this applies to just about any passionate hobby. 

When average people look at my system, ask me about auto racing, making my own pasta from scratch or my pricey camera gear I pretty much just tell them its a disease.
n80"the hi-fi hobby in general verges on the ludicrous and that serious vinyl is at the tip top of that wacko pyramid...what we all do here is a little nuts. Some of us are a little more nuts...the thing that makes us look even more nuts is trying to defend it...I pretty much just tell them its a disease."

You sound like someone in need of serious expert counseling, therapy, and analysis and I hope you seek such solution, remedy, and resolution of you're disturbance which sounds alarming to me.
n80, right. Bordering on the ludicrous is perfectly fine with me. Some people are a little..yeah, but most sound perfectly normal.
But I think that serious reel-to-reel is " at the tip top of that wacko pyramid ", vinyl is close second.
Another + to Bill. While not as committed as you Bill your last sentence sums it up nicely for those that grew up with records and love analog sound.  I like the sailboat analogy as well, latch on to a vinyl freak and bang the drum slowly, no need to rush into it.

PS My vinyl rig is clearly better than my digital to everyone that listens but would the differences be enough for most in your situation to start from scratch? It will require a greater committment than 300.00.  
@inna- no doubt on tape. The problem is source material and cost. I'm in it for more music, not necessarily always the 'tippy top' best at this point, so I guess I lose a few rank privileges on my audiophile badge. So be it. 
I'm getting past the point of acquisitiveness, partly because I'm past my big earning years and partly because --while not exactly complacent- I've got other things I want to spend my money on than gear (or crazy priced records). But, alas, that siren call....
My philosophy (not that you asked): if it isn't fun, stop doing it! 
:)