The Science of Cables

It seems to me that there is too little scientific, objective evidence for why cables sound the way they do. When I see discussions on cables, physical attributes are discussed; things like shielding, gauge, material, geometry, etc. and rarely are things like resistance, impedance, inductance, capacitance, etc. Why is this? Why aren’t cables discussed in terms of physical measurements very often?

Seems to me like that would increase the customer base. I know several “objectivist” that won’t accept any of your claims unless you have measurements and blind tests. If there were measurements that correlated to what you hear, I think more people would be interested in cables. 

I know cables are often system dependent but there are still many generalizations that can be made.
128x128mkgus
Post removed 
Point taken, though I came through a time when things may have been even more complicated and/or mysterious. Nobody knew anything, rumours were treated like facts because that is really all we had, there were almost no publications, and the best we could do was find liked minded crazies and huddle in dark basements and discuss what amounted to vague images in the tea leaf residue at the bottom of tea cups.

File under, " and you had a nail !?"....
@elizabeth +1 if only we had the Pope of Seacliff (HP) to give us his blessings! Ah, the good old days waiting for the new TAS to arrive!
Complex and mysterious? You have no idea.

Noah Cross to Jake Geddes in Chinatown: You may think you know what you're dealing with, but, believe me, you don't ...

In our neck of the woods it generally only got to DEFCON Complex and Mysterious....though on some Saturday nights, especially when the Laughs were playing the Habs, things would get ugly...ever see a fight where chainsaws were involved ?