Paradigm Persona series

I'm beginning to poke around and gather opinions and information about a "super speaker" to replace my aging Thiel 2.4s.  I like the idea of bass dsp room correction and I am a bit of a point source type imaging nut (thus the Thiels).  So among other choices I've been looking at the Paradigm Persona series specifically the powered 9H with room correction for the bass.  However I'm skeptical of the "lenses" i.e. pierced metal covers on the midrange and tweeter specifically because of Paradigm's claim that such screens "screen out" "out of phase" musical information.  The technology in the design seems superlative but I just can't get past the claim re out of phase information and the midrange and tweeter covers.  What could possibly be the science behind this claim?  It just seems like its putting a halloween moustache on the mona lisa given the fact that the company is generally a technology driven company.
pwhinson
@rlovendale  Ever consider that your hearing and tastes maybe different from people who like the Persona or Kanta? Most people tend to buy what they like. 

There are quite a few owners of Persona's chiming in saying how much they like the speaker. So you are basically saying to these folks that they are rather messed up, either mentally or hearing wise, to be buying the Persona.

Stay classy.
@yyzsantabarbara Yes. Nothing I said above is inconsistent with that statement, which I agree with.

All I’m saying is that one may subjectively like or even love the speaker or want to buy it to fill their need to tune and tweak, but it still measures objectively bright (see Stereophile measurements for one) and sounds subjectively bright (as confirmed by a multitude of Audiogon users) as well. That brightness is not recording-specific, but rather applies to all recordings because it is inherent in the speaker. It is a disservice to those that haven’t heard the speaker to imply otherwise.

Now that’s not my personal taste, hence I also expressed my opinions above.
I think it is actually a disservice to A'Gon readers to have posts telling people who have not heard the Persona that it is bright and does not sound good.

I almost bought into that line and had ALMOST eliminated the Persona 3F from consideration for my office system (small room). They only reason I heard it was because of a fluke. I was intending to audition the Lyngdorf 2170, that gets rave reviews here on A'gon. The dealership had the Persona and Sonus Faber. I unenthusiastic-ally chose the Persona to pair with the Lyngdorf demo because I knew the Sonus Faber sound is not to my tastes. 

I have mentioned more about the audition previously but the end result is that the Lyngdorf was out and the Personsa 3F was in my top 3 for consideration.  The was after using a SimAudio 860A amp to power them via the Lyngdorf preamp section. Dealer actually said it was the best he had heard the Persona 5F. He normally demos with MAC gear.

Moral of the story FOR ME, don't take the words written here verbatim, even if it is written as a benevolent audio SERVICE. Go out and listen for yourself.
I do wonder how much a tipped up treble highlights the differences in recordings? I compared the 7f to the 1028be in their mutual ability to weed out the crappy recordings, nothing more. contuzzi is passionate about hifi i'll give him that. Intensity on the net can so often create assumptions that drag us off topic, but, wtf what else we got to do.
 I went in to borrow the Kanta 3's and ended spending a couple hours with the 7f. I knew right then, I think we all did that the Kanta wasn't going to cut it after that demo. I still like the Kanta 3, so ya'll don't start hating on focal. I'm trying to get flat bass down to 40 hz in my room and nothing has delivered! so the 1 arrangement I hadn't yet tried was speakers ported from front and back, but they didn't work either. I think I already said that if I trusted I could get the 7f to sound in my room like they did in the demo I would vote with my money and buy them, but I know they won't.
Post removed