Opinions about upgrade

Hello all, 

This is my first message, im very happy to be here. 

I want to upgrade my proac d18 speakers. I like them, but i wanna a better speaker. My amp is hegel h160. I have some speakers in my mind like Spendor d7, Graham ls5/9 and harbeth super hl5+. I have not auditioned them so far. I want to hear your opinions about this upgrade. Thanks in advance. 

spitzer45
Hello again, I auditioned some speakers yesterday. Atc scm 40 passives, atc scm 19 mk2 passives and spendor d7. All of them was being driven by magnum dybalab md 208, 100 wpc into 8 ohms.

Firstly, Atc scm 40 passives, with that power, it was not being driven properly, dealer said that too. But one thing about Atc's is absolutely true, its midrange very good, very real, very lifelike. With spendor d7, i liked their wide soundstages and bass responses especially, it is very detailed speakers. But its midrange was not that good, like atc's. Atc scm 19's bass response is very good although it is small. Its midrange was perfect too. But upper and lower frequencies was not detailed as spendor D7.

I have to admit i have fallen in love with atc mid frequencies.
@d2girls- have you heard the W5 Boenicke's? 
I have, and they are fantastic sounding speakers.
spitzer45,
     You're on the right track by listening to various speakers to find out what you like and don't like.  Discovering you like the ATC midrange is good progress.  
     I'd suggest asking that dealer if you can take a pair of ATCs home for a few days to audition with your amp in your room.
    I'd also suggest taking your time on your search and resist the urge to buy until you do fall in love with a pair of speakers.

Tim  
The ATC 40 passive are not easy speakers due their very low sensitivity (85dB) I suspect your Hegel will not be able to drive them properly .I storngly recommend you to give a chance to the Proac D30RS, they are very special speakers once you hear it’s easy to fall in love with them and are very efficient and easy to drive.their ribbon twitters are one of the best I ever heard the special innovative pulp and mika massive driver deliver transparent natural mid and powerful yet very control bass.