The Science of Cables

It seems to me that there is too little scientific, objective evidence for why cables sound the way they do. When I see discussions on cables, physical attributes are discussed; things like shielding, gauge, material, geometry, etc. and rarely are things like resistance, impedance, inductance, capacitance, etc. Why is this? Why aren’t cables discussed in terms of physical measurements very often?

Seems to me like that would increase the customer base. I know several “objectivist” that won’t accept any of your claims unless you have measurements and blind tests. If there were measurements that correlated to what you hear, I think more people would be interested in cables. 

I know cables are often system dependent but there are still many generalizations that can be made.
128x128mkgus
Post removed 
@geoffkait

OK looked it up. For some reason have never done seen that movie. So you got me on that one.
To think stereo review lied. This is actually news to me. All this time I just thought they couldn't hear... 
I've set up many audio systems for novices who don't know anything about audio (one acquaintance mounted his turntable platter upside down which I determined by his inability to get a record to play correctly and a photo sent by email-fixed the problem over the phone).  They are very pleased with the resulting sound despite it not being high resolution, just very pleasant music being reproduced.  These cheap systems run from $1000 to $2500.  I do it for free just so they can have nice music.  Often I suggest they purchase used electronics and speakers.  I throw in free Monster cables that have a warm, not highly resolving character, rolled off at the frequency extremes but nice to listen to.   They cost me $5 to $10 a cable.  Or some Belden cables.  Or they decide to buy Blue Jeans cables.  

The problem here at the forums and in audiophilia in general is the HEA world.  A novice will be made nuts reading and hearing about all the choices.  That's where the problem lies, not for the novice low cost audio system, but the HEA arena (that includes mid-fi equipment in the $1000+ area per equipment).  
roberjerman, you are quite a vocal skeptic here. Would you like to try Schroeder Method? I am making a presumption that you think it would not work, or that it would have a low chance of bringing about a beneficial change. I'm interested in whether you will try it, given the several instances where it is deemed highly efficacious. 

If you reply with ridicule I will discontinue conversation, because I am not interested in arguing with someone who, because of their feeling of pride in being correct, believes they have the right to mock someone else. 

So, yes or no, are you going to try Schroeder Method? It's not that expensive; you should be able to do it for under $200. If you have four identical ICs already, you can try it for under $100 perhaps.