Another "Help me choose my speakers" thread

Just looking for some suggestions on upgrading speakers for a 2 channel music setup.

I'm currently using a Marantz 2230 and I plan to keep it around for awhile.

My room is rather small, 11.5ft x 9ft, 7ft ceiling.

I listen to jazz, rock, and bluegrass inspired music.

I won't spend more than $1000 or less than $500

I have been reading many forums and just about loosing my mind with indecisiveness. Some of my considerations have been floor standing, like the Klipsch RP-6000F, Wharfedale Diamond 9.6, or the Fuance Signature Series. Some have been bookshelf,  like the Martin Logan Motion 15, Wharfedale Denton, or the Focal Chorus 706. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
sgilbert1989
Right now I have Bose 301's... I have read terrible things on here about them, but there were a huge upgrade from my Cerwin Vega Re25's. Obviously, I'm kind of new to the idea of spending $1000 on a pair of speakers. 

I do not have experience with the speakers I listed. Honestly, the best setup I've ever listened to is a NAD 2500 pushing Klipsch KG4's. The owner of this setup was told by an audiophile that he needs to upgrade his speakers to something more in the $1000 ballpark and the difference would be very satisfying.

Klipsch was the first brand I started researching, until I found a thread on here that basically said Marantz and Klipsch don't pair well together.

I don't need something that sounds perfectly natural and flat, I'd like something that sucks you right into the music without any harshness.

As far as bass response, I would like it much upgraded from the 301's, but I don't want to put a lot of emphasis on that when deciding. It's not that important to me. I won't be running a subwoofer... At least not for a few years 
Thank everyone for the responses, keep the suggestions coming!

I'll be scoping out the site for Vandersteen 1c's
I had a similar budget for a secondary system in an 11x13’ room. I bought the Tekton Lore Reference speakers and loved them! They are paired with a Musical Fidelity intergrated and an older Sony ES CD player.
In fact, I was so impressed that I then bought the Tekton Double Impacts for my main system. Fabulous speakers!
I would suggest looking at the Tekton line of loudspeakers, for sure.
There is a pair of Audiokinesis Prisma for sale here right now that would work pretty well. Heard them at the Axpona show a few years ago and found them to be a good sounding speaker. They are efficient enough to work well with a 30wpc receiver and would be a substantial upgrade from the 301s. No affiliation with the seller. 
I'm liking all of these suggestions... A lot.
The Prisma's on here are local pick up only and too far away to make it worth while. Does anyone have opinions on wether the Dali Oberon 5 would be sensitive enough for just 30w?
How about used Vandersteen 1c vs. new Tekton Lore?