Amp for LS50

I recentl got a pair of LS50’s and will eventually be getting a nice amp and preamp for them.  I’m curious as to what amps pair best with the power hungry Kef LS50’s.  I’m wondering if ClassD audio Sds470c would be a good choice being that its 300watts at 8 and 600 at 4 ohms.  

Im open to all suggestions.  I’d like to keep the budget for the amp at or below $1000 and maybe $500 for a preamp...

Perhaps a used Nova 300?

128x128b_limo
Wow!  I’ve been listening to music this afternoon and my setup is finally starting to click really well.  I’ve never comprised a system that makes female vocals sound sooo sweet; talk about jaw hitting the floor.

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday and today cleaning and conditioning all the contact points in my entire system, including inside my amp and pre amp.  I also added a good amount of dynamat to the inside covers of the pre amp and amplifier.  I have never done this to a system before but Whoa, I absolutely cannot believe the difference.  I’ve never had a tweak do such improvements to the sound throughout the range.  I actually can’t believe that a bunch of deoxit and dynamat could do that much to the sound.  The highs and just shimmering now.  I’ve never had a system that was so detailed and revealing and yet it’s not bright or fatiguing.  

I am thoroughly impressed / happy with the setup!
b_limo. I like the gear you found and I am very familiar with those pieces. I am jumping in here based on the use of Dynamat inside electronics ( before Dynamat, there were other materials I used ). I have been into resonance and vibration control my entire audio life ( over 50 years ). Applying Dynamat on other areas besides the top cover will get you even greater degrees of SQ. Apply it under the transformers, side walls, rear walls near the connections, and any place else. No joke. Also, play around with different " feet " for the gear, and add a weight of sorts to the tops of each piece ( a small slab of granite, or a hefty statue you might have ). Enjoy ! MrD.
Cannot say I relate to this speaker.  That said, I liked what Rhing had to say about tube amplification.  I found the speaker to be a bit sterile and the tubes will improve that and make it more involving.  My recommendation would be an older VTL IT 85.  Solid current and quite musical in all aspects.  They would sing.