We are buying and reviewing gear all wrong

So let's assume that cables, power conditioners and electronics all contribute noticeably to the sounds we hear.

In that case, maybe the idea of buying individual gear, reviewing individual gear, etc. is all messed up.
We should review entire systems, and buy entire systems.

This idea that we constantly shuffle interconnects, speaker and power cords for all our lives is messed up.

We shouldn't be looking at audio stores or reviewers as recommending gear, but themes. Styles. Entire collections all at once.
erik_squires
BigKidz, sounds great but it also speaks to my post.  Why not have a couple brews, crank some tunes and enjoy...instead of obsessing over capacitors?  Devils advocate here of course, but kinda my point!
Erik

I know it is not like me; but I agree. Having attended a lot of RMAF shows, my shop was in Denver, I will tell you this, when reviewers go into rooms they are just there to hear either  the speakers or the electronics specifically. They make small mention of seller, in my case a retail shop and would just focus on manufactures. When you look at the show reports it is common to have one reviewer listen to electronics over or under 10K or speakers over or under 30K etc. All the attention is on the manufactures. Consumers are left to figure it out..
we all strive for a certain sound.the speakers and room are the final piece of the equation.took me years to find what pleased me and im over the moon.love chilling with a frostie after work, unwinding and enjoying every note.