Want to get into Analog

I’m thinking of taking a plunge into analog sources by picking up a vintage DD turntable.
There seems to be an endless supply of vintage tables available on eBay and CL.

Which models would be good values for under $1000 (total budget for turntable, arm, cartridge.  Thanks.
mrpostfire
@orpheus10 Following the masses from records to CD implies nothing more than the same low-fi crowd bought the latest and newer medium. The interesting turnabout where many regret selling their records is worth noting.
You will get far better results with a Debut Carbon Esprit, for $600, than with any vintage turntable in you range.
If you are thinking of taking a plunge into analog, I would recommend going to your local audio store and buying something new.

Find something within your budget to get started . You will have everything new, under warranty , they can set your turntable up with a new cartridge  and you will have their support and guidance for any issues , or questions afterwards.
Thanks to everyone for the comments. Lots of differing opinions here. I’m leaning towards second hand because I wanted a DD (I want a simple button to change speeds) and the Pioneer PLX 1000 seems to be the only decent new one that would fit within my budget.  

In on the other hand, there are an assortment of Luxmans, Pioneers, Yamahas, Kenwoods, listed in CL at the moment. Most are under $750. I’ve used CL with success before and was able to audition before purchasing.  I also see that there are eBay sellers who specialize in restoring vintage TTs.  I am willing to expand my budget but I prefer to purchase something that is ready to use out of the box.

I have heard TTs at local dealers but most new units are way beyond $1000 or even $3000.  
@mrpostfire-  If you live anywhere around Indiana, use this site's Member Contact, and message me.