Vinyl***What If***

Hypothetical here:
My new incoming Cayin integrated has a built in MM stage..IF I convinced myself I wanted to try vinyl & knowing absolutely nothing about set up,care etc..& do NOT like to constantly fiddle recommend me a complete,bare minimum setup...
Speakers are Harbeth M30.1 & cables are Nordost Lief Series Red Dawn...Thanks much..
freediver

Yes, inna got my meaning. thanks

Whatever source I choose to use I make a system that has only one input. I have other systems as well but my serious ones I try to avoid the extras, even if they are not in use "everything affects everything else".

mg

Schubert thinks if an instrument or band is electrical it is not "live" ,
music .
He is perfectly entitled to hold an opinion that is both technically incorrect and popularly unaccepted. He is even free to state it as a fact.

I have an old San Jose bandmate (Todd Philips, who has worked with David Grisman, Tony Rice, Jerry Douglas, Ricky Skaggs, Stephane Grapelli, Joan Baez, and many others, and also as a member of PsychoGrass and The New South) with whom I jammed again just a few years back (after not seeing him for many years). He plays a 3/4 scale 18th Century German-made upright bass (it's huge; 6' tall, taller than Todd!). Mounted on the bridge (that the strings run across) of the bass is an electronic pickup, for situations requiring amplification; the bass can be played purely acoustically (it sounds incredible!), or a cord can be run from the pickup into an amplifier and speaker. How is Todd playing his bass acoustically "live" music, and playing it amplified not?

The same can be asked about singing. So, a singer with no microphone is making "live" music, but a singer singing into a microphone is not? I don’t think so.