Cd's to make a come back in the future?

I heard a reviewer John Darko say he thinks cd's will make a come back. Does anyone think so to?
I have no intention of selling/giving away my cd collection now or ever.
Thoughts?
128x128gawdbless
I don't know.  The future is hard to predict.  There are so many of them around that you'd think that someone will think that it's cool to have physical media and an antique cd player to play them on. 

On the other hand, digital is progressing steadily and the sound quality of streamed music might be so good that no one would want to bother with cds.  I'm not sure I'll be around if they do make a comeback.
I am sure this has all been said before with vinyl.
However the big difference is I do not think there will ever be any nostalgia attached to CDs.

And not many are going to achieve the almost cult status of numerous vinyl audiophile recordings.

I do not think will make a comeback simply because they have not really disappeared to any extent as vinyl did.

Heck I still play a lot of CDs in the car.

Speaking for myself only, I'm not going to make the same mistake that I made with my modest vinyl collection; that is, giving it away. I do cull the collection occasionally and get rid of CDs that I don't like anymore, or tried and never liked. I don't keep CDs just for the sake of having a larger number of them.

I continually add to the collection and don't plan to ever stop. I love the physical media, and educating myself about artists through the liner notes. Goodwill has been a great source of new music for me besides new online purchases. Just like when CDs became popular and many gave away their LPs for little or nothing, this is a great time for purchasing CDs.      

It is hard to make previsions,  especially  when it is about the future.
( A joke about economists )

cd in the car  ;  in today’s car , streaming is easy.