Technics SL1200G vs GAE

Folks,
After talking to some of our knowledgeable members here I am getting ready to get a SL1200G or a GAE. At the moment I have an offer for both of them. The price differential is also about $1200 (mere coincidence). I know that the GAE comes with a better arm and some additional isolation. I am not interested in the tonearm since I will most probably upgrade to a better one. But otherwise, is the GAE clearly a better TT and worth paying $1200 more ? I could use the $1200 towards a better tonearm. I also read a review of 1200G where the reviewer strongly suggested to isolate the TT well in order to get the expected performance. Now thats another area to look at. If the GAE is almost ready to plug n play without requiring much more isolation then it is an incentive for me. 

Can any forum member here throw some light on these aspects and probably help me in the buying decision ?
pani
^^ if you can set the SL-1200 up with the same arm/cartridge combo as the Garrard, and also set it up with the same platter pad (the stock Technics platter pad is a no-go IMO) then I think you will find that it has no troubles keeping up with the Garrard.

Have fun!
Why buy it if you are going to do all of this crap to it? Also why buy it if it will not perform better than your already owned Garrard?
@pani ,

You are over thinking this way too much.  Ralph (atmasphere) modded my SL1200G with a Triplanar Classic SE tonearm. Also, at his advice, I changed out the stock mat with an Oracle Hard Acrylic mat and also use a 315gr HRS record weight after talking with Bill Voss of Technics.

I also have a Kuzma TT with a 12" VTA arm. The Technics / Triplanar rig is better. 

I like having 2 TTs. DD and BD. Different turntables, tonearms, cartridges. Gives me just that little bit of change that I seem to want. No need for changing out cartridges very often, unless you like doing it.

Get the Technics 1200G; No need for cosmetics over SQ. 

Unless I hit a large lottery, the Technics and Kuzma will be my last TTs.