The Science of Cables

It seems to me that there is too little scientific, objective evidence for why cables sound the way they do. When I see discussions on cables, physical attributes are discussed; things like shielding, gauge, material, geometry, etc. and rarely are things like resistance, impedance, inductance, capacitance, etc. Why is this? Why aren’t cables discussed in terms of physical measurements very often?

Seems to me like that would increase the customer base. I know several “objectivist” that won’t accept any of your claims unless you have measurements and blind tests. If there were measurements that correlated to what you hear, I think more people would be interested in cables. 

I know cables are often system dependent but there are still many generalizations that can be made.
128x128mkgus
This analogue/vinyl discussion invites this thread to go off the rails. Just saying...
@douglas_schroeder 

Well lets kick this off on the wrong foot shall we...

Do these kind of questions ever appear in the Digital forum?

Why should they, digital has been perfect forever....well if you really want to nitpick probably from around 1928.

So I’m going to help out here...

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/the-science-of-vinyl-analog-setups

My hat tip to this thread’s OP. I blatantly copied and modified his original post to create this new one.
Post removed 
It is inexpensive enough to have HAVE, Inc. assemble a set of SM IC assemblies having a set of parallel IC’s tied together with single sets of connectors in a single sheath.

Yet, a set of 4 Y-splitters can be had for even less $$. Thus, testing the efficacy of the SM has a fairly low cost barrier of entry, provided one has the 2 sets of IC’s and set of 4 external splitters on hand.