The Science of Cables

It seems to me that there is too little scientific, objective evidence for why cables sound the way they do. When I see discussions on cables, physical attributes are discussed; things like shielding, gauge, material, geometry, etc. and rarely are things like resistance, impedance, inductance, capacitance, etc. Why is this? Why aren’t cables discussed in terms of physical measurements very often?

Seems to me like that would increase the customer base. I know several “objectivist” that won’t accept any of your claims unless you have measurements and blind tests. If there were measurements that correlated to what you hear, I think more people would be interested in cables. 

I know cables are often system dependent but there are still many generalizations that can be made.
128x128mkgus
I have made my two emphases clear;

1. Analysis of epistemology of analogue compared to cables, with inquiry of just how do they differ, and if they do not differ substantially, what justification do cable skeptics have to suggest aftermarket cables are not scientific? 

2. Invitation to cable skeptics to try Schroeder Method, with thorough discussion and clarification of the method, cost structure and my motivations. 

Anyway, I do not have a schedule that permits unbridled participation, so I'll pull back for now. If anyone wishes to discuss or offer to try Schroeder Method, I can chime in.   :) 

Jim, I am enjoying getting to know you and value our exchanges. :) 

Post removed 
Thanks Douglas, same here. I will give it a try.

@elizabeth first you have no idea of how much I do or do not have to spend on anything; second my opinions come from 30 plus years in a field of some of the most sophisticated electrical and mechanical, industrial and commercial components produced for every tech industry you can imagine. So get off your horse and grow up yourself lizy.....Jim
Let me just mention that majority of the recordings you listen to were done with about 500ft of Canare microphone cable, and that's if the studio was fancy.