Going linear - The Luxman 507ux

No one panic, but I just picked up the last Luxman 507ux in the US. About 110w/ch with power meters. 😀

Ill compare them directly with my Class Ds at home. 
erik_squires
For the Record, the ICEpower modules I am using are long in the tooth design-wise, so like any other amplifier, just because I am critical doesn't mean you should apply these criticisms to ALL Class D amps.

ICEpower, Texas Instrument, Hypex and others have continued to develop Class D. I've not heard them recently though.
My girl kittie keeps sitting in the sweet spot since I brought the Luxman home. High praise.

She also liked the bedroom setup. Monitor audio with NAD 3020D.

My main Class D's, not so much.
Hello Erik How much was your Digital amp? What brand and is it a integrated ?
as I am sure you know the latest digital is noticably better today then even just 2-3 years ago.  I have a digital integrated from Denmark Gato Audio and
they use  Pascal modules ,which then are modified and seperate analog input,output sections . Just sounds like a really nice warm sounding Amp.
luxman make nice products they have been out for over some 80 years or close ro it .their Vacuum Tube stuffis very good also. If this model a class AB first 10 watts in pure class A ?   
This is a surprise . You’ve been so busy defending class d recently . Did you buy this unheard ? in your own system 
This is a surprise . You’ve been so busy defending class d recently . Did
you buy this unheard ? in your own system

@maplegrovemusic

I still defend Class D!! The class-wide disparaging comments of Class D are not true. We should evaluate each Class D amp on it’s own merits, along with Class A, A/B and all others.

I also have never said all Class D was better than all other amps. I've said some Class D were a lot better than some megabuck amps, and that a lot of Class D amps can bat with the big boys.

I got to hear the Mk II version at the dealer before purchasing. I actually drove down to the dealer who is only about 1 1/2 hours away from me. I needed a road trip anyway. So yes, I did purchase it without hearing it in my system first. At almost half off, I was willing to take the risk, and it wasn’t that expensive.

@audioman

How much was your Digital amp? What brand and is it a integrated ?

I am going from ICEpower 250 ASP amps in Ghent cases. Not an integrated. My Mytek Brooklyn DAC was my pre. Now it feeds the Luxman. The 250 ASP modules I purchased (used) from Parts Express were around $200 each. Now new ASP 500 modules run around $350 each.

My message is while the Luxman does sound better than the ICEpower 250 ASP modules right now, nothing makes one go "Oh, yeah, this one is linear, and this one is Class D."

I stand by my previous statements. The 250ASP are about the same transparency of the Parasound A23 amps. And also better than the Pass monoblocks I’ve heard. :D

The Luxman 507ux is better than all of them at this point in my listening.

This may change after it breaks in though, as I mentioned, sometimes you loose that detail and air after things settle in.

As an audiophile, I shouldn’t have to defend my choice to try out something new. :) Especially if they have meters. I’ve had a fetish for amps with meters since I encountered the Yamaha P2001’s in racks. Oh I miss their style and looks a great deal.

In particular, I’m trying to consolidate, and get rid of components, so I started looking for an integrated, and the super sale on the 507ux Mk I came up, and after a lot of research and feedback I jumped on it.