Soundproofing

I have an unfinished basement space, roughly 1000 sqft that I would like to convert to a TV and 2-channel listening room. The ceiling is open floor joists to to the first floor, any recommendations on soundproofing materials that I could use to rough finish between the joists. Floor/ceiling joists are 2x10's.

Thanks,
David
h2gastech
I have done the two drywall layers with a "a channel" between them. It works very well. However, bass waves are so long, it's pretty hard to keep them from penetrating and leaking into other rooms.
Larry
Erik, actually ASC do offer a complete soundproofing method and materials but it is complex and expensive to implement if you pay someone else to do the work, not sure the OPs building competence but if you are prepared to compeletely rebuild the roof this will work. Likely the limitation would them be the stairs and door down which will be hell to proof effectively (the door was ultimately the limiting factor in my room, no matter what heroics we went too bass leaks through it despite double doors and seals)
https://www.acousticsciences.com/products/iso-wall-system

Folkfreak knows of what he speaks. His room is the best constructed I have ever been in, and is proof of the effectiveness of the ASC Wall Damp constrained layer damping product. I rapped on one of the walls in his room, and the sound produced was that of knocking on a thick piece of slate or a brick---a non-resonant click.

I bought some pieces of Wall Damp (it is sold in 4" squares), and put them between the two shelves (I bought extras, to double the thickness of each top shelf to handle the weight of my heavy turntables) I have on top of each of my Solid Steel racks. A cheap and effective upgrade!