Beware of the cable claiming long burn in period.

Almost all the audio equipment including speaker need burn in time.

But I had bad experience with one digital cable recently.

Some people blew the horn on it and claimed burn in time more than 100 hours.

Out of box it had lot of details but etched.

After 8 weeks (around 200 hours) it got little bit better but its overall performance is not better than other digital cable that I have had.

Now it is too late to return it.

Beware of any cable claiming more than 50 hours of burn in time.

The chance is high that you will waste your time and money.
128x128shkong78
Nice work misinterpreting & twisting around what I said.
Theres always a condescending prick in the audience, right?
If cable companies believe cables require burn in, why don't they burn them in before they sell them?
Geoffkait You know I’ve been a beta tester for almost 2 decades for a cable manufacturer. I’ve tested 100s of cables, just a few dozen of his competitors HEA stuff (High Fidelity, Transparent, Nordost, Audioquest, Mogami, Magnan, Monster and Tara Labs come to mind).

Yes, good after 24 hours is if it is a good sounding cable. Horrible if it is something like High Fidelity cables. Sometimes I let my beta cables burn in for five days. If they still sound bad or wrong, I indicate that. If it turns out to be an excellent cable, it sounds "good" or excellent after 24 hours of burn-in. You just have to nit pick everything I write.

As to the Black SR fuse, I have several systems I used them with. Unfortunately, after the initial 10 to 12 hours of enjoying the significant improvement compared to stock fuses, they haphazardly sounded wrong and not musically enjoyable until the 72 hour mark. It happened on three systems. Maybe your mileage is different. I am reporting what I heard.

As to not wanting to wait 500 hours for a cable to burn-in, I am sticking to that. It’s my choice not to have to wait 3 weeks of continuous signal passing through a cable to be able to enjoy it (those High Fidelity cables had several months in my friends system).

I was at a HEA audio salon meeting and commenting on how horrible the Magnapans sounded (3.7 and 20.7). I heard the 3.7 sound excellent (another pair) there previously. What the store owner failed to tell us is that the speakers were brand new and not broken in as well as the Shunyata cabling. Yuk, what a messy sound that was. Yes, speakers require a break-in period which can be significant. Funny that sometimes they do not require more than a cartridge breakin time before they do sound excellent. It is component/speaker/cable dependent.

Hi durkn

Thanks for sharing your comments. Internet trolls have no place on these forums, they are in need of a life. I've done documented breakin for over 3 weeks non-stop playing of the same recording. I've been doing this style of breakin and referencing for well over 30 years.

As for the people that can't hear breakin...well...I guess they can't hear it. Nothing more can be said about it. For those of us who have mastered the art of burnin and the maturing of audio parts and pieces, it's a fun adventure.

One would think in a hobby of change one would enjoy the process but many of our fellow listeners have never made it beyond instant coffee. They sit on the sidelines and cheer or heckle but never get into the game. Their loss.

MG