The Science of Cables

It seems to me that there is too little scientific, objective evidence for why cables sound the way they do. When I see discussions on cables, physical attributes are discussed; things like shielding, gauge, material, geometry, etc. and rarely are things like resistance, impedance, inductance, capacitance, etc. Why is this? Why aren’t cables discussed in terms of physical measurements very often?

Seems to me like that would increase the customer base. I know several “objectivist” that won’t accept any of your claims unless you have measurements and blind tests. If there were measurements that correlated to what you hear, I think more people would be interested in cables. 

I know cables are often system dependent but there are still many generalizations that can be made.
128x128mkgus
Post removed 
Jim, I'm glad I took the time to chat further and earn your trust enough for you to try it. I look forward to your input. :)

I am going to contact you via PM system.
"@astelmaszek, Let me just mention that majority of the recordings you listen to were done with about 500ft of Canare microphone cable, and that's if the studio was fancy."

A timely reminder. If the dubious notion of doubling up cables (bi-wiring revisited 2019 style?) has any discernible effect can we begin to imagine the results of 'fixing' the weakest links of the audio chain?

Or does tea really taste better in a China cup?