Cd's to make a come back in the future?

I heard a reviewer John Darko say he thinks cd's will make a come back. Does anyone think so to?
I have no intention of selling/giving away my cd collection now or ever.
Thoughts?
128x128gawdbless
I agree that CDs are unlikely to generate any nostalgia.  I was among that generation who experienced vinyl, eight track, cassette and then CD. And while nostalgia is often cited as an appeal toward vinyl, nostalgia really doesn't draw me to any media.

For me the appeal of CDs is as follows:

1. Real media that I own even if I cancel a streaming account.
2. Inexpensive. The least expensive medium you can own.
3. Extensive selection and availability.
4. Easy to find components to play them.
5. Even low end CDPs sound good and can be used as transports.
6. Can be ripped for all the convenience of streaming.
7. You can dive in deep with CDs with little risk. In other words, you can buy a lot of them for little money, get a good CDP, a great DAC and rip them all onto a HD. And if you decided to be done with CDs tomorrow you're out the cost of the CDP and the CDs. The rest you can still use.
2. Sometimes records are just as inexpensive and sometimes they are very expensive
3. Not everything can be found on cds but a lot.
5. No way, totally wrong. Besides, transport is at least as important as dac, some people don't know it.
The good thing is that we don't have to select only one or two formats.  We can enjoy each of them for their best qualities. 

What I like about streaming is the access to all that music for $20 a month.  Every Friday morning all the new releases are on my tablet.  I can try any album before I buy it and listen to stuff I might want to hear once or twice but don't want to own.  If you're reading about some music you can pull it up and give it a listen with a couple of taps.  I love it and I'm keeping my Cds, Lps, cassette tapes, etc. too.  
I do not think I could ever or would even like to entertain the idea of just playing vinyl or just playing cd or just streaming.

Sorry but I want the whole 9 yards and mostly have it.

Only thing missing right now is a r2r unit and I am sure the itch will make me buy one sooner or later.

One experiment I am going to try this morning is to record a 24/96 stream to my Nak cassette deck and see how it sounds on playback.