The Science of Cables

It seems to me that there is too little scientific, objective evidence for why cables sound the way they do. When I see discussions on cables, physical attributes are discussed; things like shielding, gauge, material, geometry, etc. and rarely are things like resistance, impedance, inductance, capacitance, etc. Why is this? Why aren’t cables discussed in terms of physical measurements very often?

Seems to me like that would increase the customer base. I know several “objectivist” that won’t accept any of your claims unless you have measurements and blind tests. If there were measurements that correlated to what you hear, I think more people would be interested in cables. 

I know cables are often system dependent but there are still many generalizations that can be made.
128x128mkgus
Nothing to do with the science of cables, but..
"...Tit for tat is usually seen on grade school playgrounds. Need I say more? 12 it is."
is probably incorrect. It is, in fact, how adults behave. An ordinary 12-year-old is quite open-minded and forgiving.
Jim,
As if 30 years experience in some quasi related field puts you in a better position to judge. Instead of allowing the possibility that there may be things at play that you dont understand or cant hear, you take an aggressive stance that others are wrong (egotistic, ignorant, etc). I would suggest that it may be precisely this work experience that is part of the problem. Personally I have found always being right was just too much of a burden. Like Elizabeth it isnt your stance on these issues that I find objectionable it is your attitude. 
@jsautter
Maybe a bit of arrogance, but I can guarantee you, not ignorance, my friend.
Again, - show me one other industry, tech or otherwise, that buys into or uses $1,000.00 per foot signal cable. Hint - "They Don’t"
It’s amazing that the ones questioned and scoffed, on this forum, are the ones who actually have many years of experience at building or repairing audio components, or those who have many years of professional experience in the music or tech industry, yet the same scoffers are eager to jump on to the wild claims of some of these high priced cable guys - some of which already facing, or have faced, suits and fines for false claims and improper business practices.
This thread is about the science of cables, so am just sticking to what is actually the science and truth of cables.......Jim
Ok, let's give some credit where credit is due; Jim has said here he will try Schroeder Method, and I think that is an impressive gesture of willingness to humble one's self. 

As a former cable skeptic I know the difficulty in humbling one's self to try something that you think is 1. Ineffective, 2. wasteful, 3. Just plain stupid. It takes a willingness to test one's skepticism, a willingness to humble one's self to try. 

In other words, one has to be willing to admit their inexperience in a particular matter might not lead to the correct conclusion. So, let's back off of piling on Jim. He has now shown that despite his tremendous lack of confidence in it, he is willing to openly entertain the possibility that he could be wrong. That is far more than most skeptics are willing to do, so I applaud Jim for that. 

cd318, you are still skeptical. Are you willing to test your skepticism?  A person who is unwilling to test their skepticism is trapped in their current experience even though observational evidence exists that much better can be obtained. You do not know if you are right or wrong. You think you are right, which is of marginal significance in the face of people who are trying and finding it efficacious. Are you willing to try Schroeder Method and find out? 

@douglas_schroeder
Thanks.

Yes, I am open to trying something new and will reserve further opinions until I have tried for myself.....Jim