Looking for a 2.1 setup for music and home theater

A friend randomly offered to buy my current Klipsch Icon KF28 Best Buy specials and energy sub and I have been toying with getting something much nicer for a while. So here I am. 

I have a yamaha RXV477 that I will look to sell off as well to move to something better to pair with a new set of speakers. 

I’m mostly concerned with music listening. I have alll 16 or 24 bit recordings for playback from a current gen mac mini. I’ll be purely digitally sourced. I do not plan to add a turntable. 

I listen to jam bands, jazz, funk, downtempo/ambient, post rock, rock, 60’s-90’s stuff, bluegrass, some classical. 

The room is 15 x 20 with a vaulted ceiling. We rent here so I could, and likely will be in the next 6 months or so, moving to something without a vaulted ceiling. 

I’m looking for recommenced pairings for 2.1 speaker setup, amplification and DAC. Perfectly  okay with integrated amp as long as it’s a good pairing.  

I’m okay with buying used. 

Budget is ~$4k. 
readthebook
Post removed 
Would look used on speakers to stretch your budget.

Somethinng like spatial M3 s turbos are dynamic as you are used to klipsch. It’s a really good speaker for the money. Or depending on the size of your room, I like the OHM walsh speakers bang for buck. They have some nice 2.2000s right now on their outlet site. But speakers are so individualized to what you like and your space. The tekton double impacts at 3k are a fun speaker. Used they can be found for less. The spatials and tekton are really efficient so you don’t have to have a beast of an amp.

Maybe be a peachtree integrated, there have been some recertified showing up on eBay and other sites.

But it at that budget level, used speakers would really help you get more bang for the buck if you are open to it. With the digital end and needs, it’s a balance between having what’s current vs value,

I switched to a 2.1 system for my A/V setup when we moved - I wanted something simpler that my wife could operate...

- Blusesound Powernode2
- B & W sub-woofer
- Tannoy Fusion 4 speakers

My room size is 25 x 26 with a cathedral ceiling 15ft high

I find it loud enough and very high quality sound.

The sub connects via a single ended RCA cable from the Bluesound.

The Bluesound streams most services and also from a NAS drive where I keep all my music. It can also strean from any device via bluetooth. I have it hooked up via Ethernet

Hope that helps
I'm using a Mytek Brooklyn with Luxman 507ux. Love the combination.

Mike Rose at Excel Audio sells both, but he has 505ux (almost same amp) for $2,500.

If you go this way, do not go with Marantz. :-)

Best,

E