The Science of Cables

It seems to me that there is too little scientific, objective evidence for why cables sound the way they do. When I see discussions on cables, physical attributes are discussed; things like shielding, gauge, material, geometry, etc. and rarely are things like resistance, impedance, inductance, capacitance, etc. Why is this? Why aren’t cables discussed in terms of physical measurements very often?

Seems to me like that would increase the customer base. I know several “objectivist” that won’t accept any of your claims unless you have measurements and blind tests. If there were measurements that correlated to what you hear, I think more people would be interested in cables. 

I know cables are often system dependent but there are still many generalizations that can be made.
128x128mkgus
Post removed 
"Will you please tells us which specific claims are troubling you?"

I cannot speak for jhills, but maybe he had something like this on his mind. Just one of many and not specific to a particular manufacturer.

"...we acted on the new information and built cable assemblies that incorporated this idea and the results produced spectacular results."

Would it qualify as

"Such a penchant for hyperbole"
?
jhills, you're doing exactly what you're accusing the cable companies of doing. Making an awful lot of claims without backing them up.....
I would like to know which industry pros do and do not believe cables to be viable components. Further I am far more likely to seek advice from those who have auditioned a great number of cables than from those who have not. I dont know of any enthusiast that does not believe in the law of diminishing returns as this relates to audio components. 
@glupson

"...we acted on the new information and built cable assemblies that incorporated this idea and the results produced spectacular results."

Would it qualify as

"Such a penchant for hyperbole"
?

hy·per·bo·le Dictionary result for hyperbole/hīˈpərbəlē/noun exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

spec·tac·u·lar Dictionary result for spectacular/spekˈtakyələr/adjective beautiful in a dramatic and eye-catching way. "spectacular mountain scenery"

What I heard was beautiful in a very dramatic and ear catching way and thus my description of the event as spectacular matches up well with the Dictionary result found above. And that description was not an exaggeration or something not meant to be taken literally, it was what it was. As an important aside I should note that I do have the decided advantage of actually being an aural witness to said event, read in the frame when the event occurred, and as a result very much unlike yourself.

So, no, not hyperbole, but most certainly spectacular.