No one actually knows how to lculate what speaker cable they need

It goes back to cable manufaturars, mostly provide no relevant data! to sales and the users. None will answer this!
Whay do you think that you own now the optimal cable to your setup?
I think I've figured it out. 

b4icu
For tnose who have endured his long inane ramblings on the various turntable forums, I propose we crown Mr b4icu the "Raul" of speaker wire theory
Conrad, I would be interested in your opinion of the silver speaker cables. I am using silver interconnects, like them and have been thinking of trying some.
I'm very happy with them.

I got 2x1m and 1x2m cables, each with 8 silver solid core wire, cryo'd, with built in jumpers at the speaker ends, solid sliver spades, and made with silver solder. Each cable is in a teflon sleeve, then litz braided, then covered in an outer sleeve. Additionally I had mine covered in nylon braid, just for aesthetics.
I also got 5x1m XLR cables. Total cost was £540.

I'm was going to get some clearday and cabledyne cables as well, to compare, but clearday aren't making any more and cabledyne aren't in stock.

As for sound, they're very nice. Not too much added brightness, a little more clarity and transparency, and better instrument placement. I think I'm limited by my physical space now, rather than any component or cable.

So far I've tried: van damme blue (not highly rated), 0 gauge battery cable (a step up from van damme, but that might just be a cable maintenance issue), kimber 12TC (nice, but a nightmare to work with).

I've got to a point where I'm probably going to stop looking at cables for this system until I move. Once I have a larger room with better dimensions I'll come back to them. At the moment I feel I've got about the right level of price vs performance that I can get in my current space.
Thanks for your input, I think I am going to give silver a try, I only need a 5ft. pair as I have limited space too...