The Science of Cables

It seems to me that there is too little scientific, objective evidence for why cables sound the way they do. When I see discussions on cables, physical attributes are discussed; things like shielding, gauge, material, geometry, etc. and rarely are things like resistance, impedance, inductance, capacitance, etc. Why is this? Why aren’t cables discussed in terms of physical measurements very often?

Seems to me like that would increase the customer base. I know several “objectivist” that won’t accept any of your claims unless you have measurements and blind tests. If there were measurements that correlated to what you hear, I think more people would be interested in cables. 

I know cables are often system dependent but there are still many generalizations that can be made.
128x128mkgus
geoffkait,

There is no routine. I had no taras22 on my mind when reading jhills’ posts I was focusing on. I did not even have him on my mind when quoting a sentence from his post. It just happens that was the sentence I had read a moment prior to that and used it as an example. Why he seems so offended by it is beyond me.
Uh, manufacturers, oft employ certain words and phrases to catch you eye. They are just words. Words and phrases like awesome, spectacular, incredible, jaw-dropping, ground-breaking, unbelievable, Earth-shattering, mind-blowing, ausguesheitnet, sine qua non, previously unobtainable and super duper. That’s called fluffing. Without promotion something terrible happens. Nothing. Hel-loo!
geoffkait,

I am aware of that. It is that I feel that jhills was pointing to such words as "wild claims" which, in the minds of many, they really are. I see no problem in using them, but it should be no surprise when someone doubts them. They may catch the eyes of some in a desired way while jhills and some others will be more realistic.

I am not sure how many people take magazine reviews seriously anymore. They are full of such words and they may cause "alarm fatigue" of some sort.
Post removed 
@glupson

It may be due to its incorrect written presentation.

That is so lame.