The Science of Cables

It seems to me that there is too little scientific, objective evidence for why cables sound the way they do. When I see discussions on cables, physical attributes are discussed; things like shielding, gauge, material, geometry, etc. and rarely are things like resistance, impedance, inductance, capacitance, etc. Why is this? Why aren’t cables discussed in terms of physical measurements very often?

Seems to me like that would increase the customer base. I know several “objectivist” that won’t accept any of your claims unless you have measurements and blind tests. If there were measurements that correlated to what you hear, I think more people would be interested in cables. 

I know cables are often system dependent but there are still many generalizations that can be made.
128x128mkgus
@glupson

I did not even have him on my mind when quoting a sentence from his post.

How is this even remotely possible?. And this is truly beyond lame. Congratulations.
Do you mean in the old school reading of the term or the more moderne urbane use of the term ?

And your honour, in my defense, this wordsmithing contest as you call it , addresses, though admittedly somewhat indirectly, questions about the state of mind of the other party and his motivations and thus is entirely relevant to the case at hand.
The state of mind of the poster is well beyond this forum’s comprehension. Lol
Jim
As different cables are used for different applications I think it follows that audio cable is unique. Also please prove to me that cable manufacturers use Chinese made cable. I do believe that most cables consist of conductors made in several factories but the conductor is only part of the story. Also I know of a few manufacturers that use conductors that are manufactured in-house.