Arguments devolve on threads to wordsmithing contests

Why is it that so many well-intentioned threads devolve into wordsmithing contests? Is it necessary to argue about the meaning of posts when the language thereof is reasonably clear on its face?
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xcelander
Its the nature of the beast. Let's face it, the internet already has everything and more. If you really want to know something all it takes is a search. Even the answer to this question, why is it, is already there. Its not even necessary for me to do a search, because I know its there. Its there on Rennlist (the Porsche enthusiast site) its there on WatchUSeek, and visajourney and countless others. 

Its there in Eclesiastes: "there is nothing new under the sun."

I will come out with the reverse threaded light bulb and stomp to a feverish beat about how great it is......but nobody will be able to use it in their existing sockets. I will blame them for this.
six months later I will introduce a reverse thread adapter that will enhance the original bulb by several orders of magnitude Dilly Dilly
Nah, I think the concept stated in the OP is due mostly to a lot of folks just think they know more than they do. Don Rumsfeld came close to grasping the fundamentals of this in his theory of "known knowns" and "unknown knowns." It hurts your head if you spend more than a few seconds on it