Soliciting Member Perspectives: Levinson vs Bryston vs Audio Research

Wanting to start a discussion for which there are obviously ZERO absolute answers.  I want to hear various member perspectives on these three marquis brands of audio equipment: pro's vs con's, likes vs dislike & your emotional/visceral experiences.

Why?  #1, I think it would be fun & edifying.  #2, I am contemplating modifying the direction of my primary 2-channel system in my 'Man Cave' & your thoughts & opinions will be useful.

Please try to avoid pretentiousness, condescension & remember, these are your opinions & not necessarily facts.

Thanks in advance & I hope this proves to be as fun as I think it can be.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xoldmandave
These products have nothing in common they are only vaguely, loosely, and distantly related to each other if you are seriously considering, contemplating, or pondering they're purchase you would be well adviced to visit a local authorized dealer in Music Reproduction Systems for these aforementioned brands and listen, evaluate, and determine for your self they're suitability, desireability, and compatibility with you're contemplated sysyem changes, alterations, and upgrades.
Is it even possible to say "Levisnon vs Bryston vs Audio Research" without being pretentious? ;-)

I can't help you because I don't have a lot of experience but I have an old AR LS-16 tube pre-amp. I think it was one of their lower end pre-amps.

It runs through a Madrigal Proceed HPA2 (Dual Monaural, 250 wpc) which was designed by Levinson.

The combo was well researched to go with the speakers I have.

It works for me.

Sound is warm but not overly warm or colored. Bass is superbly tight and clear. Highs are distinct without being overly bright or tinny.

That is the sum total of my experience with these brands.
clearthink,

This is supposed to be a fun thought-experiment that engenders friendly conversations about 3 marquis brands. Please cease with the proselytizing & pedantic lecturing.

OldManDave