Soliciting Member Perspectives: Levinson vs Bryston vs Audio Research

Wanting to start a discussion for which there are obviously ZERO absolute answers.  I want to hear various member perspectives on these three marquis brands of audio equipment: pro's vs con's, likes vs dislike & your emotional/visceral experiences.

Why?  #1, I think it would be fun & edifying.  #2, I am contemplating modifying the direction of my primary 2-channel system in my 'Man Cave' & your thoughts & opinions will be useful.

Please try to avoid pretentiousness, condescension & remember, these are your opinions & not necessarily facts.

Thanks in advance & I hope this proves to be as fun as I think it can be.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xoldmandave
I have not heard any of them in a home music reproduction system. I'll be buying Bryston however. 20 yr warranty and common use in professional studio settings is enough to sway me.
I own an Audio Research SP6 and D75 tube pre/power amp. Along with a Bryston .5 pre and 3B power amp. All excellent products, yet as different as apples and oranges!
I had a Bryston 3B - thought it was really harsh, dry and screechy - replaced with Classe D class - love it. I have had an ARC LS27 for all of two weeks. I am really enjoying it. My only complaint  is that the volume is on the left side. I keep reaching for the right side knob and it changes the input. I am not sure I would buy an ARC new. Never had Levinson or Bryston preamp.
Bryston:  quality components that have good support and a decent sound.  Usually last forever.

ARC:  hard to buy a better product, but they vary.  Audition some in YOUR ROOM before you make that big investment.  Typically, with ARC, the more you spend, the better the product, but NOT ALWAYS.  Still about the best going even with the buyout.  Older stuff MAY be better at a lower price, but if you can afford the best, go for it.

Levinson:  Long relationship with them in the old days.  Bullet-proof parts and construction--usually, as they break, too--but the sound is, well, let's be nice and say it is an "acquired taste" and leave it at that.  Try it in YOUR ROOM and decide.

Most of all, enjoy the MUSIC the way YOU want to.

Cheers!