what replaced your Aerial 7B speakers?

Looking to upgrade from the Aerial 7B. Would like to have just a little more bottom end. No, I don't want to try a sub. My room is 13 x 16. I have a Bat vk 500 and a Mac 2500 pre. My max budget would probably be $4500.
dpm2340
I also find the bass to be excellent in my 7Bs. It is not boomy, it is very tight and precise.

I would also strongly agree with what adg101 said about wall position. I have found, in two different rooms with these speakers, that they need to go a little closer to the wall than conventional room set-up would suggest.

As a new audiophile it took a while to figure this out since everyone says to get them way away from the walls. I thought they were a little bass deficient until I got it right. I’ve spent a lot of time positioning them which is no easy task since mine have the heavy OEM bases and spikes. The sweet spot for mine is about 1.5 feet from the side walls and about 2 feet from the back wall. I know that sounds like sacrilege but I wouldn’t ditch yours until you try.

Mine are also bi-wired and driven by 250w (Proceed HPA2).

Edit: When I was struggling with this some folks suggested a subwoofer. I brought in a large B&W but did not like it. Tried it again once I found the speaker's sweet spot and liked it even less.
I thought I had found my sweet spot. I suppose I could try moving them again. Right now they are positioned as follows: 7' apart which makes them 26" away from side walls. they are 30" from back of speaker to wall. I remember getting them closer to the wall and they seemed to lose some openness. To get the speakers off the floor I use outriggers that I bought from soundocity. could you tell me what speaker wires you are/were using?
I bought a pair of Aerial 7bs a few years ago and moved them out the door in two days. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement.

Oz
I am using Transparent Super Bi-Wire. I'm guessing they are 10-15 years old.

@ozzy62 Everyone has their own measure of SQ and what they like in a speaker. And even though they are old the 7Bs were extremely well reviewed in their day and compare well with much higher end speakers.

And the OP's original question is what did people replace their 7Bs with...so you are in a unique position to answer that question. ;-)

https://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/952/index.html
Not sure what ozzy62 was using for an amp but the 7Bs really need 200 watts min. and I found 250 is still better.

I use a single run of Wywires Silver then biwire at the speakers with same jumpers. Can’t speak for your outriggers but I did look into those but went with the ones AA recommends which are the heavy Sound Anchor bases.